Saturday, November 28, 2009

Days at "Ace of Hearts"


A day out at Mt Hope for a picnic by the looks of it.
These photos seem to date from the late 1920s early 1930s.
I cant identify the people in them tho I have a few ideas.







I dont know who owns this house or quite remember where it is..
but I think as a child I was there. Edited....27/12/2020...I now believe that this house was that of Flo Carr and the property was "Wilga" . Flo ran the property herself after her husband died. She was friends of my parents.

I dont know what this building is but it looks like a one teacher school somewhere. Edited 27/12/2020......I now believe that this is a school room that was in the grounds of the State school in the 1950s. Both photos are in my possession  as hard copy.

-------------------------------------------------

 My father went from Longernong to "Ace of Hearts" at Hillston, with his friend Bill Gamble
They were share farming for the owner Mr Thomas MacFarlane.
I was a hard time and they had to leave in the end.
Bill went on to successfully own a farm near Melbourne .
My father took over the running of the new local power station that supplied power for the town.
The power station was also owned by Mr MacFarlane



These photos are various ones from the property and include a sort of caravan that I suppose
they must have lived in. All i recall is that my father said the times were hard with drought and also
the great depression

No comments:

Post a Comment